Dr. Safety for Android – free antivirus from Trend Micro, which provides a high detection rate of mobile threats according to tests by independent laboratories AV-TEST, PCSL and AV-Comparatives, and also offers comprehensive protection for your smartphone or tablet.
The application allows you to protect your personal data, to find a lost / stolen phone, to improve their privacy on Facebook. Real-time blocking of malicious apps that steal user data, fake banking apps and other mobile threats for Android.
New in version 1.0.1012
– Added detection of Shellshock vulnerability.
The main features of the Dr. Safety for Android
Trend Micro Dr. Safety for Android free offers 6 basic functions necessary for complex protection of mobile devices: anti-virus, protection from fraud and identity theft, web protection against phishing and malicious websites, filter unwanted calls and SMS messages, as well as protection against loss of the device.
• Virus scanner: scans all apps and user files and ensures that they are not malicious.
• Scanner personal information: network Trend Micro Smart Protection Network determines which apps collect and steal users ‘ personal data.
• Internet safety and parental control: blocks malicious websites, including phishing websites and fake Bank websites. Allows you to manually specify a list of sites to block access.
• Protection against loss: the opportunity to find the device if it is lost.
• Block calls and SMS: the ability to block unwanted contacts by using white and black lists of phone numbers.
Scanning for errors Heartbleed
Trend Micro Dr. Safety includes additional utility Heartbleed Detector, which scans an Android device for vulnerabilities in OpenSSL Heartbleed.
The utility checks the system and applications that can directly be vulnerable or to gain access to vulnerable cloud services. If problems are detected, you will be notified about this, and you will be able to remove the affected application.